Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Still Writing - Book Planned

I thought I would give some updates on the Red River Valley League research project that I have undertaken. Since my last post in November, I have completed additional work on my research including:
- Research of the 1897 baseball coverage in the Grand Forks Plaindealer.
- Research of the Crookston Daily Times newspaper and completion of the city's hopes for fielding a team in the 1897 RRVL.
- Written previews of all four teams and their preparations for the season.

- Organization of previously written blog posts, integrating content into new writing.
- A complete summary of Fargo's games from the season, including the score, winning and losing pitchers, and whether the game was an exhibition or regulation game, among other notes.

In the next few months, I hope to put together a rough draft for a book, so look for updates as the summer progresses. The summer months always get me motivated to research and write this amazing story.

In the meantime, feel free to browse the 100+ posts. Use the tags to categorize them by topic, or use the search bar at the bottom of the page. If you have questions or comments, please make use of the comments section on the posts. I will be happy to answer your questions and talk more about this project, which has been a blast for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment